The ‘SARBACAN’ Project
Development of satellite rescue (SAR) BeAcons in collaboration with CANada (SARBACAN).
The ‘SARBACAN’ project developed secure components of maritime using data from the Galileo satellites. The project had a trans-Atlantic dimension because of strong involvement of Canadian partners.
Implementation timeframe: 15/12/2008 – 16/06/2010
Project budget: EUR 1,104,264 , 7th Framework Program, Priority: ‘TRANSPORT/GALILEO’, project number: GALILEO-2007-4.3-01
Project type: International research project
Coordinator: France Développement Conseil (FDC), France
- Centre National d.Etudes Spatiales, France
- KANNAD, France
- Institute of Microtechnology of the University of Neuchâtel (UniNE), Switzerland
- Industrial Institute for Automation and Measurements (PIAP), Poland
- Centre de Recherches sur les Communication, Canada
- COBHAM Tracking and Locating Ltd, Canada
- u-blox, Switzerland
- Joint Rescue Coordination Centre (JRCC) Subcontractor to FDC, Norway
- NovAtel Subcontractor to COBHAM, Canada
|This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Program for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 228193.