The ‘MechMate’ (Erasmus+) Project
Strategic Partnership in the Field of Mechatronics for Innovative and Smart Growth of European Manufacturing SMEs (MechMate).
The notable disproportion in the application of robotics and mechatronic technologies by the SMEs sector in the EU countries (34%) compared to countries such as the USE (42%) or Japan (56%) unveils a need for continued improvement of knowledge in new technologies based on robotics and mechatronics as one of the drivers of competitiveness of SMEs.
The ‘MechMate’ Project is oriented directly on the horizontal priority of the ‘Erasmus+’ program titled ‘Open and innovative education, vocational training and work of young people in the digital age’. The purpose of the ‘MechMate’ Project is to work out training contents referring to the foregoing subjects, reflecting synergies existing in the experience of the consortium members in terms of educational, research and innovative market activities. The consortium intends to maintain high quality and up-to-dateness of the training contents to respond to current demand of specific target groups, such as employees of SMEs, students or trainers, for knowledge in mechatronics as part of the following modules:
- Mechanics and components of machinery;
- The basics of electrical and electronic engineering;
- Signals, systems and control in mechatronics;
- Digital systems;
- In-built systems in mechatronics;
- Protocols and communication interfaces;
- Measurements and data capture;
- Sensors in mechatronics;
- Actuators in mechatronics.
The deliverable of the ‘MechMate’ Project will consist of an e-learning platform designed as an interactive source of knowledge, enabling versatile exchange of information, experience and opinions between students, trainers and experts. The functionality for checking and evaluating current learning progress will be an important component of the system. The training contents will be accessible free of charge and no registration will be required at any stage of using the e-learning platform. Training material will be translated into five languages.
Planned project results / deliverables:
- 1. Analysis of requirements for, and limitations in, implementation of mechatronic technologies and review of training needs on the part of SMEs
- 2. Detailed training program tailored for SMEs
- 3. Detailed training methodology
- 4. Training system with a set of interactive exercises
- 5. A guide for SMEs containing a description of training material and the e-learning platform
Project subsidized by the European Union, implemented as part of the ‘ERASMUS+’ Program, Action 2: Strategic partnerships under contract 2016-1-PL01-KA202-026350 concluded between PIAP and the European Commission.
Implementation timeframe: 01/11/2016 – 31/10/2018
Budget: EUR 65,980.53 (PIAP)
Project type: International research project
Coordinator: Industrial Institute for Automation and Measurements (PIAP), Poland
- THE RESEARCH COMMITTEE OF THE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF CRETE (TUC), Greece
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF GABROVO (TUGAB), Bulgaria
- TALLINN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (TUT), Estonia
- EUROPEAN CENTER FOR QUALITY (ECQ), Bulgaria
This project has received funding from the European Union’s ERASMUS+ programme (the EU Programme in the fields of education, training, youth and sport for the period 2014-2020).