The ‘ENCIRCLE’ Project
European CBRN Innovation for the maRket CLuster (ENCIRCLE).
‘ENCIRCLE’ is a four-year project following the ‘Coordination and Support Action’ (CSA) scheme, undertaken in response to the European Commission’s contest in the ‘Horizon 2020’ Program, subject SEC-05-DRS-2016: ‘Technology cluster in the area of chemical, biological, radiation and nuclear threats (CBRN)’, part A.
- Assemble as many as possible European companies concerned with the problem of CBRN risks, able to sell their products worldwide, starting from the current list of suppliers and SMEs registered with the EDEN Store (accessible in a dynamic and interactive way: https://eden-security-fp7.eu/eden,id,7,edenstore.html).
- Provide collaboration platforms and propose normalized interfaces to integrate CBRN technologies and innovations from part B of the contest (R&D projects).
- Identify and develop opportunities for collaboration with financial institutions including those using INNOVIN instruments and accompanying means.
- Develop a list of technologies that have to be developed, with integration of the technologies as part of a platform in mind, currently used systems or other technologies for generation of innovations.
- Depending on identified needs, gaps and evaluation of the current state of knowledge, develop the first revision of the catalogue of new technologies to be developed in part B of the contest.
- Provide commercial support to enable access to global markets.
- Public discussions and workshops on CBRN.
- Evaluation of effectiveness of implemented business transactions.
Implementation timeframe: 10/03/2017 – 09/03/2021
Budget allocated to PIAP: EUR 116,875.00
Contract number: 740450; project for coordination and support implemented as part of the ‘Horizon 2020’ program
Project type: International research project
Coordinator: UNIVERSITE CATHOLIQUE DE LOUVAIN, France
- BAE SYSTEMS (OPERATIONS) LIMITED, UK
- OUVRY SAS, France
- Industrial Institute for Automation and Measurements (PIAP), Poland
- TECNOALIMENTI S.C.P.A., Italy
- Military University of Technology, Poland
- EUROPEAN VIRTUAL INSTITUTE FOR INTEGRATED RISK MANAGEMENT EU VRI EWIV, Germany
- ISTITUTO AFFARI INTERNAZIONALI, Italy
- UNIVERSITE DE NICE SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS, France
- UNIVERSITA CATTOLICA DEL SACRO CUORE, Italy
- FALCON COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED, UK
- SMITHS DETECTION WATFORD LIMITED, UK
- MIKKELIN KEHITYSYHTIO MIKSEI OY, Finland
- ENVIRONICS OY, Finland
- ADS GROUP LIMITED LBG, UK
|This project has received funding from the European Union’s ‘Horizon 2020’ research and innovation program under grant agreement 740450.|