The PIAP Scientific Board is composed of 20 members, including 10 persons from outside the Institute appointed by the Minister of Development and Finance and 10 employees of PIAP, which are elected by universal suffrage by the entire body of employees and appointed under the Act on Research Institutes.
On September 22nd, 2017 the PIAP Scientific Board was inaugurated for 9th term of office.
The activities of the PIAP Scientific Board are conducted through Plenary Meetings, the Presidium, and three advisory panels.
The Presidium of the Scientific Board includes:
Chairman of the Scientific Board Prof. D.Eng. Andrzej Bartoszewicz
Deputy Chairmen Assoc. Prof. D.Eng. Roman Szewczyk
Board SecretaryDr. Eng. Maciej Cader
and the chairmen of the Board Panels
Panel I – Prof. D.Eng. Zdzisław Kowalczuk
Panel II – Assoc. Prof. D.Eng. Mateusz Turkowski
Panel III – Dr. Eng. Rafał Więcko
Deputy Chairman of Panel III – Dr. Eng. Artur Edward Wieczyński
Areas of activity:
Panel I “Evaluation of qualifications and scientific and technical achievements of the Institute’s employees”
- delivering opinions on requests for posts of scientific or R&D employees at the Institute,
- delivering opinions on scientific and professional achievements of scientific and R&D employees.
Panel II “Evaluation of Institute’s scientific and technical work and plans”
- preparing opinions on reports concerning the Institute’s scientific and research work,
- preparing opinions on prospective and annual plans for the Institute’s scientific and research activities.
Panel III “Administrative, economic and employment issues of the Institute”
- preparing opinions on the Institute’s financial plans,
- preparing opinions on the Institute’s annual financial statements,
- putting forward proposals and preparing opinions on submitted requests on any merger, division, reorganization or liquidation of the Institute, initiating Institute reorganisations and permanent co-operation with other legal entities,
- delivering opinions on the Institute’s Bylaws,
- adopting a position on labour affairs and other internal organizational issues submitted for consideration by the Director of the Institute and putting forward related proposals.