2020 ‘Young Innovators’ Competition has started
Students and PhD students are welcome to participate in the Young Innovators Competition. Apply now to compete for the best engineering, master’s and doctoral thesis. 15,000 PLN to be won!
‘Young Innovators’ competition is addressed to the students and graduates of exact science and technical intramural/extramural studies in Poland. The next 12th edition of the competition will award doctoral, engineering and master’s theses in Polish, German or English defended after 1 January 2018. The theses must not infringe on copyrights, patent rights or third party property rights. Research and scientific values and practical applicability of the results in automatics, robotics and measurements will be assessed. The topic of the thesis must cover one or more of the following:
- control, automation and process automation,
- metrology and measuring systems,
- sensors and measuring transducers,
- diagnostics and quality control systems.
General Rules for Participation
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 February 2020:
- APPLICATION FORM including an abstract (no more than 1 page) showing the innovation and originality of the thesis,
- FEEDBACK FORM filled in by the thesis supervisor/tutor/reviewer/faculty dean/associate dean/faculty tutor,
- digital copy of the thesis (PDF file),
- digital multimedia presentation (up to 20 slides) (PDF file).
Please make a note on the envelope “Thesis Competition”, include a printed copy of the APPLICATION FORM and the FEEDBACK FORM and send to: Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz – Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP, Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warsaw.
The theses will be assessed in three categories: doctoral thesis, master’s thesis and engineering thesis. The members of the competition committee will vote for the winners by secret ballot. The prizes will be awarded for individual and team research. For team research, the prize will be distributed equally among all team members. The prizes in this year’s edition of ‘Young Innovators’ competition:
- doctoral thesis category: 1st prize – PLN 3,500, 2nd prize – PLN 2,500,
- master’s thesis category: 1st prize – PLN 3,000, 2nd prize – PLN 2,000,
- engineering thesis category: 1st prize – PLN 2,500, 2nd prize – PLN 1,500,
The results will be publicly announced on 18 March 2020 during the 24th AUTOMATION Conference held at the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP in Warsaw. The authors of the winning entries will be invited to give a presentation during the AUTOMATION 2020 Conference.
- Prof. Janusz Kacprzyk, BEng, PhD, DSc, (Chair of the Committee) – Systems Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Assoc. Prof. Stanisław Kaczanowski, BEng, PhD – PIAP research and development assistant director,
- Małgorzata Kaliczyńska, BEng, PhD (secretary) – editorial team of ‘Measurements Automation Robotics’ quarterly,
- Prof. Andrzej Masłowski, BEng, PhD, DSc – Scientific and Academic Computer Network,
- Prof. Zbigniew Nahorski, BEng, PhD, DSc – Systems Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Assoc. prof. Mariusz Olszewski, BEng, PhD, DSc – Faculty of Mechatronics, Warsaw University of Technology,
- Assoc. Prof. Maciej Trojnacki, BEng, PhD, DSc – Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology,
- Prof. Cezary Zieliński, BEng, PhD, DSc – Committee for Automation and Robotics, Polish Academy of Sciences.
Organizer and sponsors
- Łukasiewicz Research Network – Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP – organiser,
- The Committee on Automatic Control and Robotics, Polish Academy of Sciences – sponsor,
- The Committee on Metrology and Scientific Instrumentation, Polish Academy of Sciences – sponsor,
- Polish Association for Measurements, Automatics and Robotics ‘POLSPAR’ – sponsor
- scientific and technical quarterly ‘Measurements Automation Robotics’ – media sponsor
Send the following to email@example.com by 22 February 2020:
1. application form
2. feedback form
4. multimedia presentation
Please make a note on the envelope “Thesis Competition”, include a printed copy of both forms and send to: Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz – Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP, Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warszawa.