2019 ’Young Innovators’ Competition
Apply to compete in the 9th all-Poland ‘Young Innovators’ Competition for the best engineering, master’s and doctoral theses. The competition is organized by PIAP. Applications are open until March. The total amount of awards is PLN 15,000.
‘Young Innovators’ competition is addressed to the students and graduates of exact science and technical intramural and extramural studies in Poland. The competition will award doctoral, engineering and master’s theses in Polish, German or English defended after 1 January 2017. The theses must not infringe on copyrights, patent rights or third party property rights. Research and scientific values and practical applicability of the results in automatics, robotics and measurements will be evaluated. The topic of the thesis must cover one or more of the following:
- control, automation and process automation,
- metrology and measuring systems,
- sensors and measuring converters,
- diagnostics and quality control systems.
General Rules for Participation
To apply, send the following to email@example.com by 1 March 2019:
- filled in YOUNG INNOVATORS 2019 APPLICATION FORM including an abstract (up to 1 page) demonstrating the innovative and original nature of the thesis,
- YOUNG INNOVATORS 2019 OPINION FORM filled in by the thesis supervisor/tutor/reviewer/faculty dean/associate dean/faculty tutor,
- digital copy of the thesis (PDF file),
- digital multimedia presentation (up to 20 slides) (PDF file).
Please make a note on the envelope “Thesis Competition”, include a printed copy of the APPLICATION FORM and the OPINION FORM and send to: Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP, Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warsaw.
The theses will be evaluated in three categories: doctoral thesis, master’s thesis and engineering thesis. The members of the competition committee will select the winners by secret ballot. The awards will be granted for individual and team research. For team research, the award amount will be distributed equally among all team members. The awards in this year’s edition of ‘Young Innovators’ competition:
- doctoral thesis category: 1st award – PLN 3,500, 2nd award – PLN 2,500,
- master’s thesis category: 1st award – PLN 3,000, 2nd award – PLN 2,000,
- engineering thesis category: 1st award – PLN 2,500, 2nd award – PLN 1,500,
The results will be publicly announced on 27 March 2019 during the 23rd AUTOMATION conference held at the Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP in Warsaw. The authors of the winning entries will be invited to give a presentation during AUTOMATION 2019 conference.
- Prof. Janusz Kacprzyk, EngD (Chair of the Committee) – Systems Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Assoc. Prof. Stanisław Kaczanowski, EngD – PIAP research and development assistant director,
- Małgorzata Kaliczyńska, EngD (secretary) – editorial team of ‘Measurements Automation Robotics’ quarterly,
- Prof. Andrzej Masłowski, EngD – Scientific and Academic Computer Network,
- Prof. Zbigniew Nahorski, EngD – Systems Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Assoc. Prof. Mariusz Olszewski, EngD – Faculty of Mechatronics, Warsaw University of Technology,
- Assoc. Prof. Maciej Trojnacki, EngD – Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology,
- Prof. Wiesław Winiecki, EngD – POLSPAR Committee for Measurements,
- Prof. Cezary Zieliński, EngD – Committee for Automation and Robotics, Polish Academy of Sciences.
Organizer and sponsors
- Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP – competition organiser,
- The Committee on Automatic Control and Robotics, Polish Academy of Sciences – sponsor
- The Committee on Metrology and Scientific Instrumentation, Polish Academy of Sciences – sponsor,
- Polish Chamber of Commerce for Advanced Technologies – sponsor,
- Polish Association for Measurements, Automatics and Robotics ‘POLSPAR’ – sponsor
- scientific and technical quarterly ‘Measurements Automation Robotics’ – media sponsor
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 March 2019:
1. application form
2. opinion form
4. multimedia presentation
Please make a note on the envelope “Thesis Competition”, include a printed copy of both forms and send to: Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP, Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warsaw.